The age of content marketing makes creating updated posts for your MSP blog essential. If you don’t have a plan or strategies for brainstorming blog ideas, it can be hard to generate content regularly. Here are several ways to make generating fresh brand-relevant content easier if you want your blog to resonate with your target audience:
Create a Content Calendar
If you stay organized, it’s much easier to produce fresh content on schedule. A content calendar helps you keep track of the posts you need to write, as well as the posts you’ve already published. Brainstorm enough topics to maintain your scheduled posts for up to four months. Update your calendar as you publish your blog posts.
Where to Find Inspiration
Once you have your calendar set up, it’s time to find the topics you want to write about, and then schedule them. You can find inspiration in many places, so don’t limit your creative juices. The following are a few places to find blog ideas:
- Employees – Your employees may have a wealth of ideas for content, so tapping into their expertise is better than going it alone. When you invite them to share their ideas or even write posts, you receive fresh content, plus increase employee loyalty.
- Competitors – Check out what your competitors are writing about and which of their posts receive the most audience interaction. Take their ideas and create even better, unique content. You can also see where their content is lacking, and write with emphasis on those topics.
- Personal experiences – Writing about relevant personal experiences help you connect with your readers. Everyone likes a good, personal story, so if you can adapt your experiences with your brand, it’s a way to build emotional relationships.
- Customers – Take advantage of your happy customers. Ask them to share the positive experiences they’ve had with your business. For instance, you could create short case studies about how you’ve helped your customers or publish customer testimonials.
- Trends – It’s helpful to look at what’s trending to develop MSP blog ideas. Searching Google Trends is helpful for popular content ideas. Another goldmine of ideas is Unmetrics Discover, which has a constantly growing database of real-time content designed to help content creators share engaging ideas.
- Influencers – Take advantage of influencer marketing. If you can have MSP industry experts mention your services on their blogs, you can write a blog post that links back to the mention. This attracts a wider audience.
- Interviews – Schedule interviews with expert colleagues who can give insights into the benefits of your MSP business. Ask questions that provide help to your audience’s problems, building your brand value.
Discovering the power of storytelling and generating relevant, personal content for your MSP blog increases your traffic and strengthens your brand. If you plan a long-term content creation strategy and great content ideas, your blog will be worth its weight in ROI gold.