Solution-based selling is nothing new in the sales world, but it is still a powerful, relevant tool when it comes to MSP marketing. By selling the solution to your prospects, you’re building a trusting relationship with them. They feel you have their best interests at heart, reaching a mutually acceptable solution to their problems. Then you can use your services to implement the solution. Selling the solution rather than your services is a long-term approach, leading prospects to conversions.
Benefits of Selling Solutions
The most important element of selling solutions is to approach your prospects when they’re looking for a way to solve their problems. The benefits of solution-based selling are invaluable, leading buyers along the sales journey from defining the solutions, to providing the services that solve the problem.
• Builds rapport with your prospects, building trust as you show them genuine concern for their problems
• Makes buyers comfortable enough to talk about themselves and share their concerns with you
• Helps you to understand the needs and concerns of your prospects, so you can help them
• Creates mutual engagement as you detail how your MSP business can help address their problems
• Focuses on working out their problems in an individualized way, asking for their opinions and reactions
• Explains how your services offer better solutions than the competition, focusing on future success
• Sells the true value and strength of your business, which leads to closing the sale
Develop a Sales Approach that Differentiates You from the Competition
If you want to have a top-performing conversion rate, you need to develop a sales approach that differentiates you from the crowd. The following MSP marketing strategies can help you focus on quality leads that have emerging needs:
1. Identify the decision makers who can react quickly, and have the authority to purchase your services.
2. Focus on buyers who haven’t analyzed their problems yet, but are searching for insights into what is wrong. This is the optimal time to approach them because they’re ready for change.
Give Support to Your Prospects During the Buying Process
Although many of your prospects know what their problems are, they still need your insights and encouragement along the buyer’s journey. Guide them by asking relevant questions to define their needs, and recommended options available to them.
Advise them on what they need to do next to overcome the industry challenges they face. As you coach your leads with indispensable insights, also guide them to the point where they’re ready to buy.
Provide Insights to Your Buyers with Educational Content
Some sales reps rely on asking buyers questions to find out their needs, but to round out your solution sales strategy, provide them with educational content. This content should be thought-provoking and valuable to your prospects, encouraging them to think about their business in new ways. It should challenge them with new ideas, solutions, and visions of the future for their business. Creating educational content that resonates with your buyers culminates in value-driven sales.
Continue creating valuable content for your customers, even after the sale to strengthen customer loyalty for long-term relationships. Follow the same solution-based strategies before, during and after conversions, adapting to customer’s needs. Update your content regularly, educating your customers on innovative industry issues. Never stop asking about what your customers need and how you can help.
Tailor Solutions for Individual Customers
When you implement solution-based MSP marketing strategies, along with content marketing and lead nurturing, then you’ll see a rise in your conversions. In addition, concentrate on developing solutions geared toward individualized buyer’s needs. As you collaborate with them and anticipate their concerns, you can assist them in moving forward with the solutions. In this way, you’re building the rapport and trust needed to finalize the sale, as well as increasing customer retention.