Are you listening to the perspectives and viewpoints of your MSP company prospects and customers? It’s important to be aware of their journey experience. If you want a better idea of how your prospects move along their journey, think like a customer. This concept is called “customer journey mapping”.
What Is Customer Journey Mapping?
Customer journey mapping is a powerful way to see through your customers’ eyes. It’s a tool for envisioning their experience so you understand what they need from you. By creating a customer journey map, you can better understand and engage them by analysing their interactions with your company across the journey’s lifecycle.
Mapping can give you insights into how your customers feel, think and what they’re doing at every stage. For example:
- How they interact at each stage when they encounter your channels, such as blogs, website, and social media
- What they’re doing and saying
- What they expect from your services
- When they feel confused or frustrated
What Are the Benefits of Customer Journey Mapping?
You might be wondering why you should bother with mapping for your MSP company. After all, you have sales and marketing strategies in place already.
The thing is that customer journey mapping will increase your revenue by simply taking your customers’ point of view. When you can reveal and fix the issues with your customers’ experiences, then engagement, satisfaction, and conversions will increase.
How to Launch a Journey Mapping Effort
The first thing to do when implementing the journey mapping is to put yourself in your customers’ shoes. This helps you to understand their pain points. A few key steps to follow when starting your mapping include:
- Gather data that gives you a full picture of your customers’ needs. You can find this in the way customers interact with your business through surveys and by speaking to them directly.
- Use the data to create your map. The information you gather lets you know what each of your customers are doing so you can pinpoint the specific times they engaged with your brand.
- Figure out where your customers are having trouble along their journey. Are there any specific times when something went wrong? This could be a communication problem or poor customer service.
How to Fix the Customer Experience
The final step in customer journey mapping is to fix the problems you find. Using the insights you’ve discovered by taking your customers’ viewpoints, you can make changes to solve their problems. You can give them more of what they like, whether it involves better communication, more information, personalised service or adapting to their needs. All of these things will create superior customer experiences, keeping up with their demands.
It’s crucial for your MSP company success to understand your customers’ journey, making sure it goes smoothly. Customer journey mapping is the way to do that. By visualising customer behaviour, you get a full understanding of their journey so you can lead the way to the final step.